Friday, March 19, 2010

God Ambushed



I just got God Ambushed...again! Well, maybe not entirely, as I cut him off early this time. I was leaving Target and a man in a Sears Auto uniform asked me if I knew who so John Newton was. A (former) Slave owner who apparently wrote Amazing Grace. He then proceeded to tell me how this man took stock of his life as a slave trader and decided to repent for his actions, at which point I interrupted and asked if there was a point to this story and if it was about God or religion. It obviously was and so I cut him off. Telling him not to waste my time. He then started to say something about how this man freed the slaves or some such nonsense and I really laid it into him. Telling him that I do not bother him in his every day life, so why should he bother me. I am all for religious freedom and whatnot, but don't fucking bother me! Keep your shit to yourself and leave me out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment