Thursday, June 11, 2009

Europe: Almost time to start drinking!


Something that is rather sad, is that I look forward to my Europe trip all year long. So much in fact that I kind of coast through life in the US purely in anticipation of my yearly summer spent partying in Europe. Seeing friends, traveling around, being somewhat naughty and getting very, very drunk! As I really do not touch a drop of alcohol in the US, but in Europe I drink like a fish and am definitely a binge drinker. Which is supposedly worse than being an alcoholic! But in Europe it's pretty much anything goes in terms of Alcohol as it's definitely a Pub culture. I also find I am a lot more active or social while in Europe, and I definitely do a lot more things there than I do in the US. Such as this summer I will be in Roskilde, Denmark for their annual 10 day Music festival featuring over 150 bands from around the world, as well as Gothenburg, Sweden for the 4th time to visit friends, Switzerland for the Street Parade, Innsbruck, Austria and close to Vienna for Frequency ( Another outdoor Music Festival), along with stops in Germany, Bulgaria, and possibly Italy and a few more places. I have not decided yet, but after my planned trips I will have an extra 5 days of unlimited 1st class travel in all of Europe to use. So most likely I will be taking a day trip to Italy or somewhere else close to Austria by train. Perhaps Hungary so I can go to Prague for the first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment