Sunday, May 17, 2009

Griffith Observatory: First time in a long time!



Yesterday I went with some friends to the Griffith Observatoryin Los Angeles. You know the one with the really big telescope and the laserium shows that everyone gets stoned for and watches, especially when they use Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin as the soundtrack. Anyway I have been to the Observatory a few times in the past, but I haven't actually managed to do any hiking. Which was our goal yesterday. Actually our goal was to walk to the Hollywood sign and take some pictures, something I have been meaning to do for over 10 years now, but that proved to be undo able. From the Observatory it is a several mile hike uphill and not in a direct sort of way. So we simply didn't plan or manage our time appropriately for such an endeavor. Though we did make plans to attempt the hike in the near future. Hopefully we will all have time before I leave for Europe later on in the summer. Plus the Observatory/Griffith Park and the surrounding mountains were breathtaking, so we all got some really good pictures and I finally got to use the Wide Screen feature on my camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment