Sunday, November 22, 2009

I find this very disturbing




Lately I have noticed a lot of people on campus, in the streets, and especially on the bus carrying bibles around with them and even fervently reading from them (Thank God, they usually do this silently!). Which I find rather disturbing, for it makes me wonder. How disturbed or how unsure of a person do you have to be to need such daily or constant reassurance? I mean if you have a bad day or week, you just deal with it and move on, but if your so distraught that you have to constantly have the bible with you at all times, and need to read passages from it for comfort or just to get yourself through the day. Then there is something seriously wrong with you. If your personal or emotional life is so fraught with peril, stress or emotional trauma(s), then you are doing something wrong or something is wrong with you. Something that the bible is not going to magically fix! Still I see people every day clinging to their bibles as if it were a life vest and they were on the Titanic as it starts to sink into the ocean. It just makes you wonder what sort of demons are running through their head?!

No comments:

Post a Comment