Sunday, November 22, 2009

Star Trek Experience in Hollywood







I haven't been to a Star Trek Convention or anything Star Trek for that matter since I was a little kid. But I recently decided to attend the Star Trek Experience in Hollywood this past weekend purely for the hell of it. Mainly because it was closing at the and of the month and I wanted to get pictures of myself in the Captains chair for my Facebook profile. So imagine my surprise when I realized that the supposed official bridge from the Next Generation's Enterprise was nothing but a cheap replica, as were most of the props and costume I surmise. Specifically constructed for such displays or tours, as I assume it goes from State to State, or Country to Country. Either way I was a little disappointed since I shelled out the money for me and a friend to go.


Still it got me out of the house and into the city on a Saturday, and I haven't been out for ages now. Partially because I am saving my money and partially because I have such a full load of classes that it's not possible for me to get out as much as I would like to. Plus I am just a little bit lazy when it comes to planning social events, at least sometimes as my moods changes in this regard...But I digress for if you are a true Star Trek fan, I think you will enjoy yourself. You probably wont learn anything new about Trek that you didn't already know, and the sets/props are nothing special, but it can be enjoyable. There are some pretty cool photo opportunities to partake of. Especially if you are willing to shell out over 30 bucks to get a couple of you on the bridge and being transported. But since I had my own camera on me, I took my own damn pictures myself and I can always fake the Transporter stuff in Photoshop later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment