Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Worm in my Won Ton Soup!






I took a closer look at the two photos I took of my Won Ton Soup and I cannot see any worms in the photos, so it was most likely hidden underneath something. It's still rather nasty to think about!


Yesterday I took a friend out to lunch at his favorite Chinese restaurant in Burbank because it was his birthday awhile back, and I didn't have a gift for him at the time. So I gave him a card and said Lunch will be on me whenever he is free. He picked his favorite place to eat in Burbank and said the food was really good. Which didn't really matter to me as Chinese or most Asian food in general, is my favorite food on the planet! We ordered Won Ton Soup for two, Chicken Chow Fun and he had something I forget the name of, though it looked really, really good. Anyway after my first bowl of Won Ton Soup, which incidentally is my favorite soup on the world if done right, I noticed that there was a completely whole and intact worm floating in the broth. Actually I just about to eat it when I noticed it in my spoon.


I thought it was nasty, but bugs do not really freak me out. I just to collect Butterflies and insects as a kid. And I know for a fact that I have, without my knowledge, eaten much, much worse throughput the course of my life. Plus insects are pure protein and it would not have killed me. Still I think it grossed me out to a certain degree as I didn't really finish my meal with any sort of zeal like I normally would have. Of course I informed the staff that there was a worm in our soup and if they could please replace it, which they graciously did. I naturally assume that when the bill came they would have credited us for the soup or the comped the entire meal as most restaurants would have done. When the final bill did come, they didn't even credit us the soup! So I politely asked for them to remove it, and they actually started to argue about it saying they brought me a new one. But level heads prevailed I guess, as the meager $4.95 the soup costs was taken off our bill.


To add a little bit more insult to injury, when they had brought us our replacement soup, they initially were going to serve it in dirty bowls. Which the waiter had to take back and bring us new ones. As a whole I found the whole thing to be rather funny, since I really could have caused quite a stink or worse! Since I was actually taking pictures of the food for blogging purposes and could have gotten them into some real trouble. But it never crossed my mind to take any pictures of the soup with the worm in it to show the health department or even the people reading this. Though I am pretty sure I got some pictures of the soup before I actually tried any of it. So who knows, maybe I did manage to get a picture of the worm in the soup and just didn't know it at the time. Or worse the worm I saw, was not the only worm in my soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment