Monday, January 4, 2010

DOCTOR WHO






Well the final two episodes of Doctor Who staring David Tennant, The End of Time Part I & Part II, have aired and another era has come to an end. I have to admit that I am rather saddened by this fact, as David Tennant was my favorite Doctor aside from Tom Baker. But those episodes are so dated now, that it is really not fair to compare either performances with one another. Especially since I originally started watching Doctor Who in the early 80's when it was primarily shown on PBS on Saturday nights. The very first episode I saw was Ark in Space, featuring giant alien wasps and staring the afore mentioned Tom Baker. Who was at he time thee best Doctor there ever was, for the show at it's level during that time. The show has grown in leaps and bounds since it's original conception and if you tie in all the series, the show has lasted for over 30 years. An impressive fest in and of itself. Though there was a huge gap of more than a decade from the original show which ended in the late 80's and the new continuing series which started anew in the 2000's.




No comments:

Post a Comment