Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR






Sorry for the delay in posting everyone Happy New Years Eve and New years Day wishes! I really should have written something in advance for automatic posting like I did for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I simply forgot. Just as I forgot to make an actual New Years Eve graphic! Guess that is just one more thing to add to my New Years List of resolutions...Which incidentally I will be posting later on. Anyway I went to the Gridlock New Years Eve party held on the back lots of Paramount Studios, featuring a bunch of DJs, live bands, partially MC'd by Pamela Anderson and featuring a midnight performance by Adam Lambert. Pamela Anderson showed up just before midnight to do the New Years countdown and then left the stage right afterwards. She was literally there for less than 5 minutes of face time. Though I assume the VIP ticket holders got a much better show and were able to mingle with the guests and her back stage. Regardless I am sure miss Anderson was paid tens of thousands of dollars for very little actual work.





In fact the only person there who really seemed to put out any effort was Adam Lambert, as he was the only performer or presenter of the evening who was on stage for more than 30 minutes. He put on a really good show and I have to admit that I was very impressed with his performance, his energy and his singing. The last time I saw him perform was at the AMAs and his voice was very, very shaky, and I kind of assumed it would be like that during his New Years Eve performance as well. But he nailed every note and I didn't notice any real or obvious mistakes on his part. The only thing that kind of ruined part of his performance for me was some drunk Cholo in the audience directly behind me. Who kept shouting cock sucker and faggot at Adam during his performance. Luckily Adam wasn't able to hear the drunken heckler, but it was still upsetting on several levels. For as a minority myself, someone yelling out Faggot to me is the same as someone yelling out Nigger or spick or chink. It's just offensive and speaks volumes about the person uttering such hateful ignorant words. Plus everyone who was at the Gridlock event paid a minimum of $165 just to be there if not more, so why on earth would someone pay that kind of money for an event were Adam Lambert was actually one of the main reasons to go, just to heckle him while he sang. There were 4 other stages playing music at the event, so this asshole could have gone anywhere else. Yet he chose to see someone perform that he apparently doesn't like because of their sexuality. Behavior or thinking like that just baffles me, especially since the guy yelling Faggot was a minority himself. If I didn't think I would have gotten arrested or kicked out, I would have punched the guy in the face to shut him up. But it wouldn't have proved anything even if I got away with it, stupid people usually remain stupid people all their lives until the day they die. But aside from that, the evening as a whole was rather nice. Though I am not sure I would shell out that kind of money again for such an event. Especially when I found out later that there was a free event in Los Angeles featuring Green Day in concert, that was televised as well. Maybe next year I will attend something like that. Hope evryone had fun and once again HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment