Friday, December 18, 2009

Back in the day



Sometimes when I look at elderly people, I try to imagine what they looked like when they were young or looked like back in the day. Especially if I thought they might have been especially attractive or handsome at some point in their lives. Like the Captain of the football team, or head cheerleader level of attractiveness. As it must be somewhat depressing to go from being able to bed just about any man or woman you want, to not even registering at all in the eyes of anyone younger than you. A persons wants and desires do not change as readily as their body and looks change as they age and grow older, so it must be very frustrating for them. So much in fact that I often wonder what that must feel like personally, to have had something come so easily to you and now it's all gone. I know my step brother was considered very good looking growing up as well as a major player all throughout his high school and college years, as he was often picked up by random women when we would go out in public. But now he has been married for over a decade with two kids and does not look as good as he once did. He is still considered very good looking for his age, he is in his mid 40's, but he has more crows feet, some gray hair and a little bit of a pot belly which he never had before. I have never asked him how he feels about this and possibly not being as desirable as he once was nor not being able to chase and subsequently bed any woman he sets his eyes upon. Mainly because he is married and shouldn't be looking elsewhere for love to begin with, and that fact that we have never been close. Plus in my step brother's case, he did cheat on the vast majority of his girlfriends or conquests as it were, and I would not be surprised if he wasn't cheating on his current wife now or would do so in the future. So it's best not to put any ideas in his head or tempt fate as it. Still I can't help but wonder when I see older people, what it must be like for them now compared to back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment