Thursday, December 24, 2009

Smelly Homeless people and the Library



I think that all citizens of the world need to be sensitive to the genuine plight of the genuine homeless, but there is a limit. I personally never give homeless people money anymore after a personal experience I had about a decade ago. Where someone in line at a Lucky's grocery store started up a conversation with me, which was fine. But later on in the parking lot the same person hit me up for a dollar for the Dumbarton or perhaps it was the Bay Bridge toll fare, which was only a dollar back then. That I gave since it was only a dollar, but after I gave him the money I realized he was buying a big-ass bottle of Vodka in the store just after me. So this bum who was supposedly hard up for Bridge toll money, had enough money to get booze, but not enough to get across the bridge! Needless to say I felt like an idiot after having given this asshole money. Which is why I pretty much view all homeless people as just lowly scam artists, not that they all are, but a lot of them are.


Recently my former university, where I routinely use their library computer, has had an increase in homeless people. Mainly because it is cold and the libraries have been open 24 hours because of finals. Making it a haven for all the worthless homeless people in the neighborhood, which has turned the library into a dirty, smelly shambles of it's former self. As you have bums leaving crumbs of food and flakes of themselves all over the place, and they have even been sleeping under the desks where the computers are kept. And campus security or the library staff cannot do a single thing about it, unless the bums threaten people or are seen damaging school or personal property. Mainly because the library is considered public property and theoretically is open to ever US citizen, though technically they do have to be a tax paying citizen and bums are most definitely not.


Still the library has been over run and the vast majority of these people are nothing but disgusting worthless individuals. There was even a guy who i caught repeated hawking luggies on the floor of the library, and when I told him to stop he said it would evaporate! I was in shock, as I cannot believe the behavior of some people! When I reported him to the library staff he denied ever doing it, even though several witnesses said he did. The library staff also couldn't do anything and a cop would have to see what he did to actually take action. So the library is still full of mental cases, whack-jobs and bums! The place looks and smells like shit, and I am afraid to sit in a chair for ending up smelling like garbage!

No comments:

Post a Comment