Saturday, December 19, 2009

Nerdy Nerd Nerd 2: Botcon 2010



Each year I go to Botcon ( It's an annual Transformers toy convention), or at least I try to go to Botcon. This upcoming year, 2010, Botcon will take place while I am supposed to be in Europe for my annual 2 month long vacation. So if I want to go next summer, I will need to fly from Germany to Orlando, Florida and back again, which could be very, very expensive, especially after all the additional hotel and convention costs ( Roughly $500 for the convention after all the toy exclusives and another $500, at least, for the hotel for a week). Plus it's a little bit decadent to go to Europe twice within the same month, or to even bother flying back to the States just for a week. Still I really enjoy Botcon and would hate to miss it, especially since I usually win the art contests like I have posted before. And there are some friends and special guests that I know I would like to see again, plus I have not been to Disneyworld before! So this whole thing could be a nice little vacation, if only I can work everything out money-wise. We will just have to wait and see, in the meantime I will keep everyone posted and of course take a shit load of pictures if and when I go. They will actually announce the official time and location this week. Hopefully Monday morning the 21st of December, so I can start to prepare for my trip to and from Europe.


QUICK UPDATE: It seems that the convention is indeed in Orlando Florida at some surely expensive Disney Dolphin Hotel, but it is June 24th til the 27th! Right during the time I need to be in Europe if I want to make it to Roskilde on time for the first day of warm ups! Which totally sucks, as I was really hoping to go to the next Botcon, but it would be a logistical nightmare to pull off both vents. Still I might go for a few days of the convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment