Tuesday, December 22, 2009

When did giving gifts go out of fashion??







I usually make gift baskets for friends and family, including small holiday themed hand crafted items like snowmen or reindeers. I think it adds a more personal touch, which I use to have more time to do. So when I recently made it a point to make gifts baskets and some hand crafted items for two of my Japanese classmates, it was kind of a big deal for me in terms of time and money spent. But if I had known how both of them were going to react to my gifts I would not have wasted my time or energies doing anything for them. They both acted like I had offered them crack or something, one of them even asked why did I give them anything?! Despite the fact that I said Merry Christmas before I handed them their basket and the basket itself was wrapped in holiday themed cellophane wrap. When did gift given go out of fashion? Especially during Christmas! I would have been thrilled if someone got me something, rather than look at it with disdain or suspicion like they did.





Above is an example of the hand crafted items I was referring to

No comments:

Post a Comment