Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Almost time to Fly to the Bay Area



Thursday I leave for a flight to the SF Bay Area, where I am from originally. I am flying in specifically to attend the EEB or Exotic Erotic Ball in SF on October 24th, but I am taking almost a full week off to see my friends and my family in the area. Though in all likelihood I will most likely only see 2 of my cousins from the black side of the family and my brother whom I will be staying with in Berkeley for part of my trip. I am supposed to see some friends from High School and College, but as people get older and get married, it gets harder and harder to meet and see old friends. So I doubt That I will see any of my old friends from before IO loved to LA. Though I am hoping to see one of my cousins from the white side of the family. I do not think we have seen each other in some 10 years, despite the fact that we live in the same state and are only an hours plane ride away. We are supposed to meet and discuss ideas for a cartoon series or a series of children's books, which I would illustrate. Since it is fairly similar to what I do already with my custom fairy tales for parents featuring illustrations and story lines specifically geared around their own children or living people.


Anyway my cousin and I are supposed to meet, and he mentioned attending the EEB with me but who knows if that will come to pass. It is not every one's cup of tea and the tickets are $79.00 this close to the actual event ( earlier they were $30.00 in honor of the Balls 30th anniversary, but I got mine when they were $69.00). Which is rather expensive for an event you have never been and are not familiar wish. One of my other cousins went with me a couple of years ago and left less than an hour into it, after paying all that money which to me was just stupid as hell. So I am possibly expecting the same thing to happen with my other cousin, so he is more of a horn dog so it might just be up his alley. Time will tell, and I will definitely be posting some pictures from the event later on in the month. But you can't post pictures you haven't taken yet.


Aside from the Ball and meeting some of my friends and family for dinner. I am also hoping to explore a little bit of the city of SF this trip. Since I have my hotel booked for 2 days during the Ball, I might as well take advantage of the surrounding sights and sounds the city has to offer. Especially since I never went to the city if I could help it growing up, as I thought it was just too cold, and too hard to get around. What with it's small windy uphill roads and it's far too many one way streets. Plus it's a bitch to park and quite frankly there are (sadly) a lot of transients and just filth in general all around SF that I can gladly do without.


No comments:

Post a Comment