Monday, October 5, 2009

The DMV: It was bad enough before





Anyone living in California who has ever gone to the DMV to renew their license or their auto registration knows, it is an absolute nightmare! The lines are way too long, the tellers are unfriendly and often not in a rush to help you and the majority of the people there don't even speak English! Then on top of all that there are the smells, which is another kind of Hell unto itself. Usually if I have to go to the DMV I try to get an appointment to spend things up as well as go during time that most people should be at work or school, but even then they are extremely busy. Though I have never seen it as bad as I have this morning on the way to school. As my pictures illustrate there was an actual line outside the door to the DMV and this was around 9:00am. I have never in my entire life seen the line go outside of the DMV. I can only assume that this is because of Governor Schwarzenegger's mandatory closing of the DMV on certain days to save the state money, as I guess the DMV is only open 4 days a week instead of the usual 5? I am not sure as I have not been to the DMV since 2004when my license needed to be renewed. Which reminds me that I need to renew my license and/or California ID again this upcoming May. So I imagine I will be waiting a long-ass line as well for a few hours. I will just have to bring a book and my PSP so I can play games or watch a movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment