Friday, October 2, 2009

Transexuals: You are not fooling anyone!

Lately I have noticed quite a lot of Transsexuals in my neighborhood, more specifically while I am going to and from school while riding the bus/shame train. Which makes sense since a lot of Transsexuals cannot legally drive because their sex change status may or may not be legally recognized, especially if they went out of country to get their sexual reassignment in the first place ( I am not too familiar with the legalities or cost in the US, but apparently it is easier and cheaper outside the US). Normally I do not notice such individuals as I have some understandable prejudices against such individuals but recently the Transsexuals I have seen are not exactly what you would call lady-like in appearance. Nor are they what is called passable in any sense of the word, as some of them are 6 feet tall or taller and have nothing even remotely feminine about them. Which has always made me wonder why someone would go through something as expensive, drawn out and painful as a sex change all for the purpose of a masquerade you can't successfully pull off to begin with. It's not like they're fooling anyone, if anything they draw even more attention to themselves. Though I guess that is their intention, or at least partially.



No comments:

Post a Comment