Friday, October 2, 2009

Halloween Costume: Do I look like a little girl?




About a month ago I ordered my Halloween Costume. I plan to be a pilgrim for three separate Halloween or Halloween themed (costume) Parties. About a week ago I got a package from the costume company I placed my order with and the above picture is what I actually received. Now I don't know about you, but personally I don't think I look even remotely like the little white girl who would wear let alone fit into something like this! I mean I don't even think I could get it around one of my legs, much less wear the thing. Plus I am not into cross dressing at all, as I just do not see the appeal, even just once for Halloween ( I also happen to think I would make a very scary woman as large as I am and unlady-like in general appearance).


Naturally I called the customer service for the costume company regarding the mistake and had to wait for more than 5 minutes before actually having my problem addressed after the initial telephonic greeting. The customer service rep, who I am not even sure resides in the US, initially suggested that I ship the item back at my cost to the company before a replacement could be sent. I of course found this completely unacceptable and demanded that they correct their mistake at their cost, and thankfully they did. Sending me an email containing a postage paid mailing label as well as sending out correct costume item at the same time, which I am happy to report arrived yesterday and it actually fits! So now I am all set for my three Halloween parties and looking forward to being a pilgrim, albeit a rather large pilgrim. The only drawback is the Pilgrim top has Velcro clasps and the pants do not contain pockets, so I am not sure how I will carry my wallet and cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment