Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bumblebee, a 8GB Memory Card & Free Concert Tickets!



Last night KROQ partially hosted a DVD release party for the latest Transformers Movie Sequel, Revenge of the Fallen. Initially I wasn't even sure I wanted to go, as it is somewhat of a hassle to get to certain parts of Los Angeles, to sit in rush hour traffic, to find parking and all that. But the last time they had an 18 foot Bumblebee from the movie on display, I was wasn't able to make it. So this time I made sure that I was able to attend, even if it was just to take a few quick pictures and leave. Which is almost exactly what I did, with a few stops here and there along the way.


I actually arrived just about 8pm or 8:15pm, as I wasn't looking at my watch. Nothing really seemed to have happened, and hardly anyone was taking pictures with Bumblebee. There were a few people surrounding the KROQ booth, but that was to enter a drawing for a free Blu Ray player made by insignia, who I know suck from working in retail all those many year! I still entered irregardlessly, though I left a fake number as I am tired of junk callers getting my cell phone number. Anyway after I took my pictures, and entered the drawing, there wasn't really anything to do and I got rather bored rather quickly. Which is why I took a little trip upstairs to the Target store in the 2nd level. i was surprised to find that this Target had to be the busiest one I have ever seen in my life, when it was not actually Christmas time and not a weekend-day. I was also surprised to find that most of the prices were about 10% higher or more than most other Target stores, something that pisses me off about chain stores that I was address in another post at a later date as I digress.


When I returned the KROQ booth was asking the audience Transformer trivia questions questions and I won a pair of concert tickets. I had my choice of Snow Patrol, whom I would have liked to have seen, and The Sounds which is the concert I picked. Namely because it was at 6:30pm at the Wiltern on Wednesday, and Snow Patrol was just after my Japanese class finished and I doubt I could get there in time. So this Wednesday I will be see The Sounds, who I have already seen in Europe at either Frequency or Roskilde ( The same goes for Snow Patrol as well). I am hoping it will be an enjoyable experience, but since the concert is free, it doesn't really matter either way. Though it does help me fulfil one of the promises I made myself recently, and that is to get out more and see more LA things, especially all the free things LA has to offer. I am going to try and smuggle a camera inside, so we will see if I can get some good shots or not, though you never know how tight security will be.


But that's not all, for while I was at the DVD release event, I also found an 8GB SD memory card for a camera! Which is something I have been wanting for awhile as the largest memory card I own so far is only 4GB and I have actually used almost all of the memory up. And I know I will definitely need some space for this weekend's trip to the SF Bay Area and the Exotic Erotic Ball as well. Though before I simply just absconded with the memory card I took the time to the pictures to see if I could identify who owned the memory card or if the pictures were actually valuable or sentimental. For you never know here in Hollywood, as they could belong to a tabloid photographer or something. Though in this particular case there were only pictures of plants and trees, at some sort of huge indoor/outdoor garden or something. But seeing as this is LA I would assume it was one of those places that provides or sells plants and trees to movie sets and Hollywood productions.


So all in all, my initially dreaded trip to the corner of Santa Monica and La Brea wasn't all that bad. I mean I got my picture taken with an 18 foot Bumblebee from the film, won concerts tickets to see The Sounds at the Wiltern and I found an 8GB memory card. I also got some Transformer buttons and a movie poster, although I was initially hoping for a copy of the film. Which I am not even sure if they actually gave out since I left early. Still it was not a bad evening and it was nice to get out of the house. Although I do have a somewhat scary as well as annoying story about some fat assed black tranny whose motorized wheelchair would not fit in the bus and delayed us by over 20 minutes. More on that in another post!




No comments:

Post a Comment