Friday, October 30, 2009

Laundry Time






Unfortunately where I live now, there is no laundry room...Actually there is, I am just not allowed to use it. You see I live in a house with 5 othetr people, though before I returned from Europe there were only 4 other people living there. Apparently while I was away they converted part of the dinning room into a makeshift room, which is totally illegal since they did not get authorization or the proper building permits, but I digress. Essentially if everyone in the house were to use the washer and dryer, the water bill would soar through the roof, so we are not allowed to use it. Though I suspect that some members of the house are allowed to use it, as the house where I live in very ethnocentric to say the least. Either way when I need to do laundry I have to put all the stuff I wish to wash in a duffel bag and traipse to the local laundry mat and listen to people speak in Spanish for roughly two hours as well as be forced to watch Telemundo on the various TV screens strewn throughout the facility.


Which is actually not all that bad, for the place is near two fast food restaurants, a chinese place, a 7-11 and a grocery store. So I usually do some grocery shopping, grab a snack, read or work on my homework, which I find to be relaxing.


No comments:

Post a Comment