Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Bogen: Nothing but Bars, back to back to back



I was never much of a drinker, even in college. Though once I moved to Innsbruck, Austria, and started working in an Irish Pub, all of that changed. I started to drink on a pretty regular basis, and probably reached alcoholic levels, without being an actual alcoholic. For I would drink several pints of beer in a sitting or maybe a liter of Vodka with red Bull throughout the night. Usually 3 to 5 days a week, after I finished working at the Pub which would be around 2,3 or 4am on any given night.


And the majority of my excessive drinking would take place along th Bogen, which is actually the name of a street for those of you who are not familiar with Innsbruck, Austria. Said street is literally one bar after another for the entire length of the street, and most of them are open until 4, 5 or 6am. So everyone in Innsbruck heads to the bogen pretty much on a nightly basis, or at least when the other regular clubs and bars close. There is a bar for just about anyone's unique drinking taste or style, from tough biker bars, trendy bars serving exotic drinks, bars with strippers, all the way to bars that serve food like all you can eat Spaghetti.


Usually me and my friends ot co workers would go to Plateau



No comments:

Post a Comment