Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cemeteries: Simply a waste of Space?


I find that as I get older I start to think more and more about stuff that either never bothered me as a kid or that simply never occurred to me. Such as how much wasted space cemeteries truly are. I mean there are so many more useful or beneficial uses of the land that cemeteries occupy. Plus once an individual dies, they are gone. They are not coming back and to have such a cumbersome marker for their passing just doesn't make sense in today's very over crowded world. Though cemeteries and other final resting places are such a part of people's religious beliefs, that they would be hard pressed to part with them. Despite the fact that there is no real need to keep them, aside from personal, religious or emotional issues. And eventually the world will not be able to tolerate such personal concerns, as the space will become just too valuable. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the near future, or within my lifetime, the Government simply bans cemeteries altogether. It would be much better if as soon as people passed away, any usable organs are donated, and the remains are cremated. Actually it would be a little bit more green or Eco friendly if the remains could be made into fertilizer. Although I understand that humans make rather poor fertilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment