Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cooking Shows and Puppets






Whenever I am flipping through TV channels for some reason there is just something about Cooking shows and Puppets that captivates me to such a degree that I have no choice but to sit there and watch like some mindless zombie. It has been that way for most of my life and I am not quite sure why exactly. Though I am pretty sure that the puppet thing started with the children's TV show Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Evey episode Mr. Rogers would visit the puppet inhabitants of Make Believe Land and then every once in awhile he would take trips to the local Puppet Show Theatre in the real world. Which is where I guess my fascination with puppets all started. This fascination was later reinforced by all the very well produced Puppet Shows that took place in my neighborhood while I was in grade school. Where I saw such classics as Beauty and the Beast and Faust just to name a few ( It's actually a shame that such puppet shows no longer take place on a regular basis).


Now when it comes to my thing about cooking shows, so I am not quite sure where that comes from. I mean everyone likes to at least eat good food, if not actually cook it. But I really, really get a kick out of watching people prepare and cook food on TV, like Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart and any of the other cooking shows currently on the Food Network. Despite the fact that I find Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart to be somewhat patronizing or superficial in the case of the later person. Irregardless of the respective hosts I can literally sit for hours and just watch them prepare and cook food, like it's the most relaxing thing I can ever think of...Well at least that doesn't require me to take off my clothes-but that is another topic entirely. Every time I see a cooking show I am also inspired to make what they just demonstrated, despite the fact that a lot of times the dishes are not exactly easy to make or quick to prepare to say the very least. Like who has the time to make their own bread, pasta or even cheese for that matter. I know I certainly don't though I would love to make a lot of what I have personally seen, like my own special Breads or Flavoured Cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment