Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Speaking of Money...




Because of my Job being a freelance web designer and graphic/cartoon artist, I get paid at weird intervals. Usually every week on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. As a result I tend to not pay too much attention to my finances as I am always just a few days away from my next paycheck, which is not really good in terms of finance but that is just me. So this past Tuesday I found myself without any money aside form some change, yet I wanted to get something to eat on the way to class. Hence I spent most of the early part of the day thinking about money and the next time I would get paid. Which must have been the reason why I found 2 one dollar bills on the sidewalk, actually make that 4 pieces of 2 one dollar bills to be exact. For someone had ripped up 2 one dollar bills for some reason and thrown them on the floor. But as long as you have at least 75% of any paper currency in the US it is still legal and tender. Plus with a few pieces of tape, they were as good as new and I got 2 Chicken Ranch Gorditas from Taco Bell.


And the funny twist is, this is not the first time that this has happened to me. For I have been finding money my entire life and not just small amounts as well. I usually find $20 bills every so often, and I once found $60 in the restroom of a restaurant while already on an all expense paid trip to Washington DC that I won in the first place, to several hundred Euros each time I am at various Music Festivals in Europe, like Frequency and Roskilde. So there has got to be something somewhat lucky about me when it comes to finding cash, though I just wish it would be the lottery for once. Although to win the lottery you actually have to play the lottery, and I very rarely play the lottery as I just can't be bothered. Plus you hear about how most lotto winners just go bankrupt a few years or even months after they win, and like I said i am already a little careless with my finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment