Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Waiting to hear from the courts

I had my case against Best Buy about a week ago and am waiting to hear from the DLSE ( Department of Labor Standards and Enforcement). It doesn't usually take them too long to decide about a case, although I did have a lot of evidence to present and apparently they have to read through it. I know I will hear from them before the end of the month, but I am anxious as to the verdict. I will win for sure on some of the points since even the judge noticed that my former manager lied on the stand, but I am not sure if I will win on all points. The least I will be awarded is $2,000 and the most I will be awarded is around $4,000. Although like I said I expect Best Buy to appeal just because they can or to be spiteful, so then I will have to do it all over again. Which might take place in Civil Court rather than the DLSE courts, which don't cost a dime. Either way, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment