Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dream a Little Dream

I do not think I have ever truly experienced a nightmare or any sort of horrendous type of dream in my entire life. As I have never woken up in a cold sweat or screamed for help from my bed, as a child nor as an adult. Although everyone once in awhile I will have one of those truly bizarre dreams, where once you've woken up you are so relieved to find that it was just a dream. Usually because you did or said something so offensive, embarrassing or disturbing, you would have trouble getting through the day if not the rest of your life. Though like I said none of my dreams have been that bad, they are usually more on the embarrassing or socially awkward side of things as far as dreams go. Like the time I dreamed I took my Step Mother's check book and went around town buying all these things I couldn't afford, only to get caught and exposed to the whole family. At the time the dream seemed so real and the subsequent embarrassment I felt when I was ultimately caught was equally uncomfortable yet surprisingly realistic! Luckily it was only a dream and I was able to go about my normal daily life , but dreams like that still pop up from time to time. It has always made me wonder what purpose such dreams serve? Obviously in the example I have just given it is a cautionary tale of what such action could bring about, but I would never do such a thing in real life and do not need a vidid dream to illustrate this point. I also very rarely see my step mother, so I am not sure how I would gain access to her check book in the first lace, but that is what I dreamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment